I first stumbled upon Carl Jung’s quotes back in 2004.
My girlfriend had died in a car accident.
Feeling lost and confused, I started searching for quotes to help me understand what was happening in my mind.
Then, I discovered Carl Jung (a Swiss psychiatrist who lived from 1875 to 1961) who taught me:
- About the conscious and subconscious mind
- Introversion and extroversion
- Personality types/psychology
It was a whole new world to me and I learned so much.
In more concrete terms, I recommend you read Jung if you want to:
- Know yourself better
- Reach your full potential
- Better understand your life’s purpose
You’ll find 37 of the best Carl Jung quotes on the following page.
And I hope you’ll love (and use them) as much as I did.
P.S. Read slowly. This will help you get the true meaning of Jung’s quotes.
The difference between a good life and a bad life is how well you walk through the fire. Carl Jung
Knowing your own darkness is the best method for dealing with the darkness’s of other people. Carl Jung
Children are educated by what the grown-up is and not by his talk. Carl Jung
Where your fear is, there is your task. Carl Jung
If one does not understand a person, one tends to regard him as a fool. Carl Jung
The privilege of a lifetime is to become who you really are. Carl Jung
The sole purpose of human existence is to kindle a light in the darkness of mere being. Carl Jung
You are what you do, not what you say you’ll do. Carl Jung
We cannot change anything until we accept it. Condemnation does not liberate, it oppresses. Carl Jung
Who has fully realized that history is not contained in thick books but lives in our very blood? Carl Jung
We need more understanding of human nature, because the only real danger that exists is man himself. Carl Jung
I am not what happened to me, I am what I choose to become. Carl Jung
The least of things with a meaning is worth more in life than the greatest of things without it. Carl Jung
Everything that irritates us about others can lead to an understanding of ourselves. Carl Jung
The first half of life is devoted to forming a healthy ego, the second half is going inward and letting go of it. Carl Jung
The world will ask you who you are, and if you don’t know, the world will tell you. Carl Jung
Until you make the unconscious conscious, it will direct your life and you will call it fate. Carl Jung
To be normal is the ultimate aim of the unsuccessful. Carl Jung
People who know nothing about nature are, of course, neurotic, for they are not adapted to reality. Carl Jung
Your vision will become clear only when you look into your heart. Who looks outside, dreams. Who looks inside, awakens. Carl Jung
Our unconscious mind, like our body, is a storehouse of relics and memories of the past. Carl Jung
The conscious mind is a bad judge of its own situation and often persists in the illusion that its attitude is just the right one. Carl Jung
Mistakes are, after all, the foundations of truth, and if a man does not know what a thing is, it is at least an increase in knowledge if he knows what it is not. Carl Jung
Man needs difficulties; they are necessary for health. Carl Jung
Everybody is somewhat neurotic, and…we must practice tolerance. Carl Jung
People will do anything, no matter how absurd, in order to avoid facing their own soul. Carl Jung
Life really does begin at forty. Up until then, you are just doing research. Carl Jung
We don’t really heal anything; we simply let it go. Carl Jung
Do not compare, do not measure. No other way is like yours. All other ways deceive and tempt you. You must fulfill the way that is in you. Carl Jung
Even a happy life cannot be without a measure of darkness, and the word happy would lose its meaning if it were not balanced by sadness. It is far better to take things as they come along with patience and equanimity. Carl Jung
We don’t so much solve our problems as we outgrow them. We add capacities and experiences that eventually make us bigger than the problems. Carl Jung
The most terrifying thing is to accept oneself completely. Carl Jung
The creation of something new is not accomplished by the intellect but by the play instinct acting from inner necessity. The creative mind plays with the objects it loves. Carl Jung
Everyone you meet knows something you don’t know but need to know. Learn from them. Carl Jung
Thinking is difficult, that’s why most people judge. Carl Jung
Embrace your grief. For there, your soul will grow. Carl Jung
- Learn about yourself. You have a treasure to discover inside.
- Learn about your mind (conscious and subconscious). The more you understand yourself, the calmer you can be.
- Everybody has a dark side, even yourself. Accept this fact when dealing with others, and yourself.
- You can get hurt in life, but you can use this as fuel for personal growth.
- Where there is fear, there is also the possibility of finding meaning.
- Topic: Life
- 100 Life Quotes To Transform Your Life Today
- More philosophers
- 70 Alain de Botton Quotes (On life, Happiness, Success)
- 61 Socrates Quotes To Sharpen Your Mind
- 87 Timeless Quotes by Aristotle
- 81 Cicero Quotes On Life, Philosophy, Wisdom
- 100 Leo Tolstoy Quotes (On Love, Life, Happiness)
- 91 Alan Watts Quotes: A Treasure Trove of Insights
- 500 Ralph Waldo Emerson Quotes On Life, Friendship, Success
- 100 Jordan Peterson Quotes On Responsibility, Order, And Life
- Carl Jung on Wikipedia
- A Definitive Guide to Jungian Shadow Work: How to Get to Know and Integrate Your Dark Side (scottjeffrey.com)
- Carl Jung’s Theory on Introverts, Extraverts, and Ambiverts (6-minute YouTube video)
Pin this image!